POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ogre Image, WIP : Ogre Image, WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Ogre Image, WIP
From: John D  Gwinner
Date: 2 Jan 2002 11:32:40
Message: <3c333628@news.povray.org>
Folks:

  This is an image of an "Ogre" .. For a picture see
http://www.projectrho.com/ogre.html or see http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/ for
info .. basically, large cybernetic tanks.  (Think Bolo by Keith Laumer as
well).

  The sky is just a simple gradient and a cloud sphere - nothing fancy.  I'm
using Moray so I just did something simple.  For a proper still life, I'll
use a media cloud or something.

  The suspension 'was' articulated until I hit an issue with Moray rotating
references around the origin, but I'll probably fix that soon.

  There are no tracks on 'brutus' yet - I'm using a macro to do the tracks
and the rendering time will take forever.  This is a test render to see if I
have modeled the overall look and feel.  I probably need something for a
sense of scale.

  Most of the tank is CSG.

  Comments?

        == John ==